News reports from Burma say an apartment fire in the capital, Rangoon, has killed four children and their parents.
Burma's state-run newspaper reports police say the six died from smoke inhalation.
Police and firefighters arrived on the scene after being alerted to the smoke by the couple's oldest son, who had arrived home Sunday morning to discover the smoke-filled apartment.
Police say they suspect the fire started when a lighted candle ignited a mosquito net and a mattress.
Burma suffers frequent power outages, and many households rely on candles, which are one of the main causes of house fires.
Information for this report is provided by AP.