The death toll from bombings at two supermarkets and a convention center in Burma's capital last month has increased from 19 to 23.
Home Minister Major General Maung Oo told a press conference in Rangoon Sunday that four more victims of the May seventh attacks had succumbed to their injuries. Several others remain hospitalized.
Authorities say 162 people were injured in the three simultaneous bombings. The minister said no arrests have been made, but progress was being made in the investigation.
Burma's ruling junta has blamed the attacks on an alliance of ethnic rebel groups, pro-democracy organizations and student groups, who have denied involvement