British media reports and Italian officials say all four suspects in the July 21st failed London transit bombings have now been arrested, following major anti-terrorist operations in London and Rome.
Italian Interior Minister Giuseppe Pisanu said Friday police in Rome arrested one of the suspects in the failed attacks -- in which bombs placed on three subway trains and a bus failed to go off. He identified the man as Osman Hussain, a naturalized British citizen of Somali descent.
In London, a police spokeswoman declined to comment on television reports that police in the British capital arrested two suspects in the July 21st incidents.
However, she said police made three arrests in West London on Friday in connection with the July 21st failed attacks. Police also said they arrested two women at a subway station in a separate raid, but did not say whether these are connected to the July 21st incidents.
Police have already arrested one suspect and detained several people in the wake of the failed attempts last week and the July seventh terrorist attack against London's transit system that killed more than 50 people.
Information for this report is provided by AP and Reuters.