British and Italian police are questioning five men arrested in connection with last week's attempted bombing of London's mass transit system.
Investigators in London today-Saturday say they have begun interrogating at least four suspects in the bungled attempt to blow up three subway trains and a bus on July 21st. Two of the men Ibrahim Muktar Said and Ramzi Muhammad are suspected of attempting to bomb the transit system, but ran away when their bombs malfunctioned. The men were arrested Friday in a series of dramatic police raids in London.
Another man Yasin Hassan Omar suspected of trying to bomb a subway train in central London was apprehended on Wednesday in Birmingham.
In a separate operation in Rome Friday, Italian police arrested another suspected bomber Hussain Osman, said to be a British passport holder who was born in Ethiopia.
Investigators in both countries are conducting searches across Italy and Britain, looking for others involved in either of the two attacks on London's transit system.
Information for this report is provided by AP, AFP and Reuters.