A Saudi militant group has claimed responsibility for Wednesday's suicide car bombing in Riyadh that killed four people and wounded 148 others.
In a statement posted on an Islamic website, the Al Haramain Brigades says the attack targeted special security and anti-terrorism units in the Saudi capital.
The radical group, whose name refers to Islam's two holiest sites (Mecca and Median), has previously claimed responsibility for last year's (December 31st) bombing of a Saudi security officer's car outside his home in Riyadh.
Wednesday's suicide bombing occurred near the entrance to a government building housing Saudi security forces and the headquarters of the city's traffic department. Officials said the remains of the bomber were found in a charred vehicle.
Saudi officials said they believe the attack was the work of terrorists linked to the al-Qaida network.
The bombing occurred days after a U.S. warning of possible terrorist attacks in Saudi Arabia, where authorities have fought a running battle with Islamic extremists for nearly a year.
Saudi police say that in the past week alone they have seized and defused five other car bombs.
Information for this report is provided by AP and AFP.