Spanish authorities are reported to have identified five additional Moroccan nationals as possible suspects in last week's bombings in Madrid that killed 200 people.
Spain's interior ministry did not comment on the report in the major Spanish newspaper El Pais.
Three Moroccans and two Indians were arrested Saturday in connection with Thursday's deadly attacks on commuter trains. The other five Moroccans are wanted for questioning.
El Pais says two survivors of the blasts reported seeing one of the detained Moroccans, Jamal Zougam, just before the explosions.
Authorities are said to be investigating whether Mr. Zougam was also involved in a suicide bombing attack in Casablanca last May that killed 45 people.
The Madrid bombings were initially blamed on the Basque separatist group ETA, but officials are now looking into whether al-Qaida was involved.
The blasts sparked strong criticism of Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar and his support for the U.S. - led war in Iraq.
Sunday, Spaniards went to the polls and voted for a new government. Prime minister-elect, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, said he intends to stick to his campaign promise and withdraw Spanish troops from Iraq by June 30th.
Mr. Zapatero and his Socialists defeated the ruling conservative Popular Party in Sunday's general election, 43 to 38 percent.
information for this report is provided by AP, AFP and Reuters.