The Bush Administration says it plans to declassify an intelligence memo on al-Qaida prepared a few weeks before the September 11th terrorist attacks.
A National Security Council spokesman (Sean McCormack) says his agency has every intention of declassifying the memo, titled "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States."
The commission investigating the 2001 attacks has formally requested the White House make the memo public.
A member of the panel, Republican John Lehman, told CNN the memo lists at least six indicators that al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden had been determined to attack the United States since the late 1990's. But Mr. Lehman said the memo was not specific about where the attack may occur.
The memo was given to President Bush on August 6th, 2001. Thursday, U.S. National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice told the panel that the memo was "not a warning" of an imminent attack.
She said there was "troubling" intelligence in the weeks before the attacks, but that it was "frustratingly vague." She said there was no single thing that could have been done to prevent the attacks, which killed nearly three-thousand people.
Information for this report is provided by AP.